THE NATIONAL FEDERATION OF ROOFING CONTRACTORS (NFRC)
The National Federation of Roofing Contractors Ltd (NFRC) is the UK's
largest roofing trade association, representing over 70% of the roofing
industry by value. With a history spanning almost 120 years, NFRC has
established itself as the voice of the roofing industry, constantly adapting to
change and innovation to ensure its members are at the forefront.
NFRC actively ensures that members offer high standards of workmanship and sound business practice through a strict cade of practice and independent vetting procedure, including site inspections and adhering to the Goverment-endorsed TRUSTMARK standards.
All NFRC members hold comprehensive insurance cover.
CompetentRoofer is the Government-authorised scheme for England and Wales that allows professional roofing contractors to self-certify that their roofing refurbishment work complies with Building Regulations. The scheme encompasses all roofing types for domestic, industrial and commercial properties and is open to all roofing contractors to apply.
Many jobs undertaken need to be notified to and authorised by Local Authority Building Control (LABC) and in many cases this includes work done to your roof. By using a CompetentRoofer member, property owners will save not only time and money but will have the added reassurance that the work carried out meets the exacting standards of the Building Regulations.
Regulation - CompetentRoofer members are compliant and up to date with Building Regulations
Reliability - CompetentRoofer members are professional contractors who are thoroughly inspected prior to acceptance and undergo regular inspections thereafter
Reassurance - Domestic roofing works automatically receive a 10 year warranty.
TRUST MARK (Goverment Endorsed Standards)
What is TrustMark
TrustMark is a quality mark which operates a framework under which 30 plus scheme operators work in the RMI (repair, maintenance and improvement) sector, including trade associations, local government trading standards teams, and independent scheme operators. These schemes are approved to carry the TrustMark logo and recruit reputable and trustworthy tradesmen. This enables the TrustMark scheme operators to promote improved RMI sector standards, and tackle related issues such as better enforcement. All of these scheme operators are audited annually by TrustMark, to ensure processes, standards and complaint procedures are being maintained.
What makes selecting TrustMark tradesmen so worthwhile?
1. A firm's technical skills have been independently checked through regular on-site inspections, as well as checks on their trading record and financial status;
2. Firms have signed up to a code of practice that includes insurance, good health and safety practices and customer care;
3. The approved scheme operator has checked and will continue to monitor the firm's quality of work, trading practices and customer satisfaction;
4. Firms are able to offer an Insurance Backed Warranty;
5. Deposit Protection Insuranceis available for consumers in the event a firm should cease trading;
6. Firms will be able to tell you about any building regulations you must comply with and may also be able to provide appropriate certificates;
7. If you have a problem or disagreement with the firm, there will be a clear and user-friendly complaints procedure to help resolve the issue;
8. The scheme is fully supported by Government, the building industry and consumer protection groups.
All of these checks will give you - Peace of Mind
If a firm displays our TrustMark logo you know that we have approved and inspected the firm through one of our scheme operators and found that the firm meets the required Government endorsed criteria as described above.